Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blogging on Valentines Day!

On this day....i post the information of one of my favourite romantic songs by The Colonial Cousin's. Its called 'Lady'. Please find the same below 'My view about this day' section. Watch the song online (sorry!, i couldnt get the video to embedd it here, tried a lot) ...it gives you a warm feeling about married life....Also a link to download the song is provided...
Its marriage season in my group, with three of my best friend getting ready to get hooked up! I dedicate this to them! As one of these three friends, advises to other "Abe, thoda romantic bann" (Dude, try to be romantic)...i profuse this message to them...
PS: Dont ask me when i'm marrying, i maintain, i m practicing celebacy :-)

My view about this day

I am not a fan of Valentines day...Not because its western....i like everything thats good to offer even if its from west...and no! i m not a religous extremist...I believe that we dont need a special day for our loved ones! Thats the predujice of west...You meet your mother once a year and call it 'Mothers Day'. You only all your relatives on 'Thanks giving day'....We Indians are much more emotional and i feel proud about it!

Above all, as my wise father says, "Valentines day is a Propaganda of the foriegn multinationals like Archies and Hallmark to sell cards in India". Some may ask, "whats wrong in doing business?". I would say "Not with our emotions...."


Watch video of the song 'Lady' online @ MSN Video

Download the song 'Lady'!

Lyrics of Lady!

Will you be my lady ? Will you be my lover ?
Will you be the one Love, always and forever ?
Will you be the Sunlight, wake me in the Morning ?
Will you be the Starshine,touch me when I'm dreaming ?
Will you be my lady......
When your friends surround you, I'll be your Laughter
When the Party's over, I'll be there after
When you're feeling down girl, I'll be your Sorrow
When your day is over, I'll be Tomorrow
Will you be my lady......
When your eyes are smiling, I'll be the Reason
King of you Heart girl, right through all the Seasons
When your world is lonely, I'll be your Shadow
When your day is over, I'll be Tomorrow
Will you be my lady......
Sajana.... kahe nahin aaye...?
When your feeling lonely, I'll be your Shadow
When your day is over, I'll be Tomorrow Will you be my lady.....

7 comments:

  1. I haven't been a fan of Colonial Cousins till today. I liked few Ghazals from them, but today it changes. The song is really beautiful and the Fusion Music in the background simply Rocks. Thanks for enlightening me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one..I too like this song.

    Luck
    Preeti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly, I didn't like the song much, precisely coz the lyrics is English and the way of singing doesn't suits (according to my taste.. :P). And valentines Day, I agree with the saying of uncle and I think if you really care for someone or love someone, why you need special day to express your feelings....I would say express it anytime and make that day special for the person you love/care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all guys are having same view of Valentines day."Everyday is a valentines day then why to celebrate that on specific day."
    But guys we girls really dont mind if you give us flowers, choclates & gifts everyday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. People celebrate Valentine day as day of sharing/expressing love so definitely you can expect guys to share/express their love everyday, what to do with chocolates/gifts and flowers!!! :), that's not Valentines day actually meant for....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey good saying Alpesh..:)
    But what to do now a days this is the trend of celebrating valentine's day..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with Aneesh's father.

    ReplyDelete